Administrative Law Section Spring CLE
The Administrative Law Section of the Virginia State Bar is pleased to announce a half-day CLE event scheduled for June 8, 2023. The event is free of charge.
The Honorable Mark C. Christie, Commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, will deliver the keynote speech. In addition to Commissioner Christie’s speech, the event will feature the following panels:
- Transmission Planning and Interconnection Reform—A discussion about federal rulemaking proposals on transmission planning and interconnection and how those reforms are being addressed within the PJM region.
- Wind Generation and Integration of Renewables to the Grid—This panel will explore issues related to integrating utility-scale wind generation to the electric grid. Panelists will discuss regulatory and practical considerations that impact the ability to bring large-scale wind generation onto the grid and into utility generation portfolios.
- Cybersecurity Challenges for Critical Infrastructure—Owners and operators of critical infrastructure are confronted with formidable and rapidly evolving cyber security challenges. These companies must safeguard their mission-critical cyber assets against a wide range of threat actors to protect valuable company and customer data while maintaining reliable real-time operations. This panel will examine recent developments in the cyber threat landscape faced by critical infrastructure companies, outline related legal and regulatory developments, and discuss emerging best practices.
The event will conclude with a networking reception.
Approved for 3 hours CLE credit (pending)
- Jessica Lynch—Associate General Counsel
- Vicki Karandrikas—Associate General Counsel, PJM Interconnection
- Cheri Yochelson—Assistant General Counsel, Dominion Energy Services
- Noelle Coates—Senior Counsel, American Electric Service Power Company
- David DePippo—Assistant General Counsel, Dominion Energy Services
- Joergen Rasmussen—Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Lorie Masters—Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP