The Virginia State Bar launched a new website and member portal on April 4, 2023, to improve services and access to information for Virginia lawyers and the public.
In addition to the improved design and functionality, the new website is also more secure, with enhanced security measures to protect user data. The site is also fully accessible, with features that allow users with disabilities to navigate the site and access its content.
First-time Sign-in Instructions
Member login procedures have changed, and members will need to activate their new online credentials to sign in. Important to note: you must register with your email address of record and the name listed on your bar card. If you have trouble remembering what your email address of record with the VSB is please contact [email protected].
First: For security reasons you need to set up a new password to gain access to your account. To do this, follow the steps noted below.
- Click the button to open the new system, and then choose “Forgot username?”
Sign In to the Lawyer Portal
- Enter Your Email Address of Record in the Email Field and Click "Submit"
- Email Notification for Username
You will receive an email from us that will contain your username and a link to return to the sign-in page. Click this link and continue to step 4.
Remember to check your junk folder for the email. If you do not receive the email, please contact us.
- Click "Forgot password?"
- Email Notification for Password
You will receive an email from us that will contain a link to return to set a new password. Click this link and continue to step 6.
- Enter your new password, confirm, and click "Submit"
You will now be able to sign in using your email and new password. You will be taken to your personal landing page where you will find information specifically for you.
This is also a good time to look at your profile and check that we have the most up to date information for you. To do this, click on your name in the top right menu where it says "Hi, Your Name". If you are on a mobile device it will appear as a silhouette of a person.
If you have questions regarding the new system or your membership, please contact [email protected].
Annual Dues Renewal
Members may use self-service to complete their annual dues process. Please note that some government issued purchase cards are incompatible with the payment system. Please use a personal card to pay annual dues if the government card will not process the transaction or your receive a ReCAPTCHA error.
- After signing in navigate to your member area by clicking where it says "Hi, Your Name" in the top right corner of the webpage.
- If you are an active, associate, VCC, or CCR who owes dues at this time, you will see a yellow "Renew Now" button. If you believe that you should see the button, but do not, please contact [email protected].
- All members will need to verify the address of record on file with the Virginia State Bar.
- Members will then proceed to complete the forms assigned to their class. Please read all instructions carefully.
- Members will then be taken to a form to review, edit, add, or remove section membership. Remember to "Add to Cart" to save section membership whether changes were made or not.
- Members then are shown their current dues owed. They will review, then add them to their cart.
- After adding your dues to your cart you will be redirected to the payment screen. Here you will enter payment info, address, etc. Then complete checkout. You will be sent an order confirmation to your email address of record. You have the option of also sending the confirmation to additional email address at the bottom of the confirmation page.
Notice for dues payments:
If you are experiencing difficulties submitting your payment details, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Use another browser and check that your browser is up to date.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft and may not function properly.
- Clear your browser history and cache.
- If you work for a large corporation or firm, your IT department will likely be able to better resolve the issue than we can.
If you continue to experience problems submitting your payment please include screenshots and specific error messages when emailing the vsbinfo helpbox.
Obtaining a Copy of Completed Invoice Payments
Filing A Complaint
Updating Your Member Information
Changing Your Password
Certifying MCLE Hours
Viewing Your Past and Current Year MCLE Records
Accessing Forms and Downloads
Submitting and Reviewing Ethics Hotline Questions
Utilizing the Rules and Regulations
Setting User Communication Preferences
Navigating the VSB Website